Monday, June 7, 2010

The Romanovs as Muses

Although I said I would be taking a break from this blog, I want to draw my readers' attention to a new blog, Stay At Home Artist, by our kind friend, Anne, an artist and Romanov enthusiast in Philadelphia. Since 2009, she has been painting the children of the last Tsar. To quote the artist:
It's a powerful experience to bring these young people back into being and in color even if it's just with paint. I have been interested on and off in the Russian Royal family for 40 years. But what captured my heart and always will, is their example of grace under fire during the 16 months of their ever worsening captivity after the Russian revolution. The more I learn of this period of their lives, the more I admire them.
Please visit the site; Anne's paintings are very beautiful and touching.

A while back, I did a series of brief biographies on the Romanov children:

Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna (1895-1918)
Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna (1897-1918)
Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna (1899-1918)
Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna (1901-1918)
The Last Tsarevich

4 comments:

MadMonarchist said...

Thanks for the link, that is some great work, and the photo you used is one of my favorites. A beautiful image of youthful innocence.

Matterhorn said...

Thank you! It is a lovely image, and the girls look so alike!

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Leah Marie Brown said...

Lovely. Thank you!